Treasures!

Grandma's nice neighbor called and asked if we wanted to borrow her yard stick! Grandma came home with it and we both got down on the floor and pushed it this way and that way under the piano. Out came the best treasures! We got 8 pencils, two nickels, a penny, a coin from Spain, a Lego piece, a button, some lint, some cat hair and dog hair, a dry piece of cat food, more lint, a paper clip, and a really small toy car that Grandma remembers Kellan playing with years ago. We're gonna ask Kellan if I can have the car now. It's blue. If Grandma pulls back on it, it goes and I chase it. I chase it right back under the piano again. Grandma's asking the neighbor if we can keep the yard stick a little longer until we buy one for us.


This is me, watching treasures come out from under the piano. 

I woke up at 4:00 this morning thinking about my little blue toy car. I wanted Grandma to tell me where she put it for the night so I wouldn't lose it under the piano while she slept. I jumped up on her bed and walked on top of her, one way and then the other. 

Me, in a little, tiny, eensy weensy, itty bitty voice: Get up, Grandma. 
Grandma: mmmm? 
Me, in a little, tiny, itty bitty voice: Are you in there? 
Grandma: No
Me, in a little, itty bitty voice: I'm looking in your eyes. Open them. 
Grandma: Go to sleep. I'm not opening my eyes. 
Me, in a little voice: I'm breathing right outside your face. I know you are in there. Wake up. 
Grandma: silence (I knew she was in there though.) 
Me, in a bigger voice: I want my car. 
Grandma: Go to sleep, Uma. We're not getting up at 4:00. 
I gave Grandma a little love bite on her chin. We got up and Grandma got my car and she watched me eat breakfast.  This was the best day ever. 

Comments