Spa Day... aka Pedicure and Pencils

Before she left on her trip I heard Mom tell Grandma that I was going to need my hair brushed, my teeth brushed, and my nails clipped. I knew this day was coming. I suppose Grandma did too. Neither one of us looked forward to it. Actually, she's been brushing my hair almost daily and I let her. But the teeth and nails? I thought Grandmas were for spoiling and letting us get away with stuff.



I noticed the nail clipper and tooth brusher sitting at the top of the stairs with my toys and hair brush the last couple days. Grandma put them there so that I'd get used to seeing them, I guess. The top of the stairs is our special spot. We sit up there and talk about important stuff while we look down at all the steps and how they roll one after the other down, down, down into the wood floor. Mostly I purr and Grandma talks. This is where she tells me what Mom and Dad are up to and how the trip is going, if Kellan and Taj are coming over, what kinds of treats she is going to buy, and how important sleep is. I like it up there.

So this morning we sat up there and she brushed me and then when I was good and cozy she held my paws and clipped, clipped, clipped. She promised to "take just a little off the top" and she did. It was easy. She got all four paws but has to do three claws on a back foot still. We saved those for later when I got good and restless.

Then she went for my teeth. I didn't like that at all. She got my upper teeth but not the bottom ones. She said we'd try again soon but I hid the tooth brusher and didn't tell her where. I suppose she'll find it. Next we went into the kitchen and she watched me eat.

Later in the day she moved the pencil holder and hid it. See, the holder has pens and just one last pencil in it now (up high in a cabinet) because I took all but one pencil and they are all under the piano now. I like the way they roll on the floor. And guess what? I roll them better with shorter nails! So I keep rolling them under the piano and we can't get them. We both got down on the floor and tried.



Grandma says there must be a dozen pencils under the piano and she needs her yard stick (which she can't find) to push them back out. I don't like that I can't get to the pencil holder anymore and I let Grandma know about it. I sat where the pencil holder goes and meowed at her a lot. She just reached way up in the cabinet and got me the last pencil. So happy!! YAY! I can't wait. Oh Boy!


Ooof. Can someone please send Grandma a yard stick and a box of pencils? Please?

Comments

Post a Comment