A Present for Dad and Me



This is my favorite toy right now and I've been playing with it so much for hours and hours that it's dented and a little cracked and Grandma said that it was time to replace it. So I heard her making phone calls. She called All The Best in Seattle where Mom bought it. They have my toy there, but we don't have an All The Best in Olympia. The nice lady on the phone told her that she thought Mud Bay here in Olympia might carry them. Grandma called Mud Bay. They didn't have any but the nice lady on the phone there looked it up in their Big Cat Toy Book, and yep, it's called a Fur Pong. Next Grandma looked on Amazon and didn't find it. I was sitting on the desk by her watching and listening and my face was getting sadder and sadder.

Next Grandma went to the Dabird company website (they made my toy) and looked and looked but they don't mail things out. So we both took a big breath and thought some more. That's when Grandma wrote an email to All The Best and explained our problem. Annie from All The Best wrote back right away and told me not to worry, one was going in the mail the next morning (yesterday). She said it was a gift. Oh boy! I'm getting a gift, and it's not even my birthday. It's my dad's birthday! Grandma and I are watching the mail updates online and it looks like it's coming tomorrow. I can't wait. I wonder if it will be pink. Maybe blue? Or yellow. If you live in Seattle go to All The Best and buy a fur pong. It's the best toy ever. Tell them I sent you. Thank you, Annie.

Happy Birthday, Dad! When you get home I'll share my new toy with you.
Uma
P.S. When the Fur Pong gets here we'll put a picture -right here.-


It got here! I waited by the door while Grandma checked the mailbox. I paced. 
Here's Grandma and me opening it up!


I got it out of the bag! It's yellow! I love it!


I haven't stopped playing with it. Thank you All The Best and Annie! You ARE the best. 

Comments