New and Old

Yesterday Kellan reminded me that it has been a whole week since I wrote anything. Time has flown by because we've been busy with new and old things...

I heard Grandma and Mom talking on the phone and I think it's getting closer to Mom and Dad getting home, so I'm practicing old stuff for their arrival. Mainly, getting up at 5 AM again. You'll be happy to hear that I have that one perfected again. Three days in a row now! This morning Grandma couldn't believe it. She said, "Congratulations, Uma. Now go back to sleep." But I couldn't. I was too excited for the day to start. 

I was thinking about our new routine. Even before coffee, Grandma hides freeze dried turkey or chicken nuggets all around the house and I get to go search for them. I run from one place to another, flying through the air. Up on the window sill, behind the chair, on the desk, in the corner, on the top of my tree perch and even on the antique milk can. Sometimes Grandma tricks me and I look in a regular place and nothing is there, but when I go back later, it is! By the time I find and chase and kill them and lose a few under the piano and bat them in the air and finally eat them I'm ready for a nap. And Grandma's ready for coffee.



Then I wake up and eat my canned food. So Mom and Dad, start finding fun places on the boat to hide my treats again like we used to. I can't wait. And start practicing going to bed early. 

Grandma pulled out my carrier and stuck it in the sun room. She thinks she's being sneaky but I know she wants me to see it often so I don't freak out when I ride in it to go home. She hides treats in there too but she hasn't caught me finding them yet with her camera. I really don't want her to see me go in the carrier. She has over three weeks so she'll probably get a picture and put it right here as proof. 
Oooof!

Every couple days Grandma makes me work harder for my food. She said she wants me to work off my meal before I eat it. I think she worries if I've gained weight while here, but I don't think I have. She keeps looking at me funny like she's sizing me up. Am I bigger, smaller, just the same? I think I'm just the same. Anyway, I have to get my food out of that blue egg thing. We're going to buy one of these for Batman, Kellan's cat. 



Mom sent Grandma a baby picture of me. I heard them "oooing" and "aaawing" over it. We can't believe how much I've grown since I got to come live with Mom and Dad. Wasn't I cute? 




The thing about this morning is that Grandma kept putting her head under the covers while I walked on her. But then I did an amazing thing and she sat right up and tried to video it. She didn't get it but if I keep it up, she will. I meowed just like I was saying "Mom." Over and over. Grandma said it's because cats know everything. The boat is headed south. 

Love,
Uma 

Comments