Bravery

We had visitors coming and going yesterday and today. I lost track of how many times I had to dash into the closet and hide when people came to work outside, deliver something to the door, or talk to Grandma at the porch. I can hear them coming up the driveway. My eyes get big. My ears perk up. And off I go. Grandma says I have visitor radar. I know the coziest, most hidden spots, and the fastest route to get there from everywhere in the house now. I have GPS too!

I really was excited when Kellan came over today. But I still squeezed between the pillow and the wrapping paper and was going to listen from there to know what was going on.

Grandma wonders what happened to me as a kitten that caused me to get so scared when someone comes to the house. I don't remember, but I'm definitely afraid of something. Grandma's trying to help me feel safe, be brave and get over it. So today she and Kellan sat in the closet with me so that I could hear their voices and see that hanging out is a good thing. I came out and hung out once or twice, but mostly I watched from behind the T-shirts, shoes, pillow and those rubber boots Grandma never wears.







Kellan and Grandma both worked on their computers and talked about ancestors, old photos, blogging software and all those things they do together. They talked about me, Batman the cat, Rusty the dog, Princess Penelope and BeeBee the bunnies, and about being brave. I know that Rusty had leg surgery again. He had to be brave. I remembered that Tegan broke her arm and she had to be brave. (Hi, Tegan!)

Their voices almost lulled me to sleep. I liked being by them. I liked it when Kellan talked to me and patted my fur! And then when I was good and ready, I dashed out of the closet! I felt brave for a minute or two!


Today Grandma packed up some Stella and Chewy's raw treats for Batman, Kellan's cat. She also got him a blue egg-shaped food dispenser like mine. Like the one I play with that rolls on the floor and I have to work to get the food out. Batman's going to learn to eat slower one way or another, Kellan said. It will take will power and bravery! Good luck, Batman! You can do it!

Uma

Comments

  1. You're gaining confidence in your own time, Uma. You'll get there ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment