Off Limits

This morning Grandma decided to can homemade chicken broth. So out came the BIG canner. I tried to go in to have a look around when she opened the door to the closet where the big canner is. She stood in my way and said, "uh uh." Next we went upstairs to the bunk bed room where she keeps canning jars in the closet. It looked pretty interesting in there with all those jars stacked up in boxes. I tried to slip through the sliding closet door opening but Grandma stood in the way and said, "Not for Uma!" 

Since Grandma was going to be busy for a while, I decided to try (again) to get inside that closet with the black boxes and wires and stuff that runs Grandma's computer and TV, but Grandma was faster than me and even closed the door to the office.  From there I followed Grandma to the kitchen where she was going to clean all the jars. I really wanted a good look inside the dishwasher, but I got pulled away from there too. Things were NOT going well.

Then I jumped up on the kitchen counter where Grandma didn't want any cat hair. She put me down and cleaned. But first she took my picture because I'm so cute.



While the jars washed, Grandma decided to go outside to make sure none of her plants were thirsty. I wasn't really going to go out the door onto the deck, but it was fun to freak Grandma out so I pretended I might head out the door with her. Grandma freaked.

When she came inside we went back to the dishwasher. The steam coming out of the dishwasher fogged everything up so I still couldn't get in there. I sat by Grandma's feet while things cooled down. Then I jumped up onto the stool to peek at what was in Grandma's purse but Grandma zipped it shut.

After that I tried to jump up on the kitchen island to have a good look at what Grandma was doing but she didn't want any cat hair around her cooking so she caught me in mid air and put me on the floor. Then she washed her hands and started working again. I paced around the island looking up. I went round and round and kept looking at Grandma and the top of the island. (Grandma is convinced that I can see up, over and on top of things because I never, ever land in her coffee mug.) So Grandma sat down on the floor (saying, "Ooof") and we talked, she petted me and scratched behind my ears. She rolled the ball and I chased it and we talked some more. She tired me out and then she went back to working on the chicken broth.

I went to take a nap. Grandma doesn't know where I am. Do you?


Uma

Comments