Inside and Out

It's Friday morning and Grandma is sitting outside on the deck with her coffee. She made me a little spot next to her but I only stayed about one minute. She had forgotten that I like going out at the end of the day when it's getting darker out. Daylight scares me a little bit but at night I'm brave and strong. So I'm inside and Grandma's outside right now. The other thing about inside and outside is that Grandma put my harness on inside out. I didn't tell her, but I think she figured it out when she was wrestling it off of me. Grandma's not so good in the morning either.

I'm sad to report that my newest fur pong toy is in danger. I played with it so much that I tugged it apart and the insides are gonna come out, Grandma said. It's still my favorite. That and my flat mice that fit under the piano. But the flat mice don't make noise, so the fur pongs are still the best. I need Grandma to go to Seattle to the All the Best pet store and get me some new ones. I think maybe LOTS of them. She's thinking about it, but not today. She said the thought of driving to Seattle in Friday traffic turned her stomach inside out.

The socks that Mom left here that I sniff a lot? Those? Well, Grandma's been hiding my treats in them. So much fun! I have to reach way inside to grab the treats. Grandma said that she was going to need to turn them inside out and wash them soon because they are all full of crumbs. I didn't want her to wash them because they still smell like Mom. We talked about it. Grandma said that we could try putting my fur pong ball inside and then she would tie a knot. I told her there would be no fur on it and I like fur on it. I think she was looking at my fur a little too closely.... I backed off. If she makes a fur pong toy out of my mom's socks, I'll let you know how it goes.

Here's a picture of me looking out as Grandma was looking in the window when she came back from the vegetable garden. I was waiting for her. We made faces at each other. Okay, Grandma made the faces and noises at me and tapped on the window. I just humored her. Do you see me?





And yesterday when Grandma wasn't looking I made it all the way IN. Grandma wanted me OUT. But she said I was the cutest thing ever and took a picture first.


Uma, inside and out.



Comments