What to Write?

I asked Grandma what I should write about today. Mostly I've been playing with my new toy nonstop. I've been getting it all conditioned and broken in. Like shoes, Grandma said. It's perfect now! So I've been busy with that, and not much else since Annie sent me my new fur pong.

I figured out where Grandma puts my toys to bed at night so I don't make playing noises while she sleeps. I'm secretly trying to get inside that drawer. We have a routine every morning when we leave Grandma's bedroom. Her first stop is that drawer. I watch her. I'm watching closer and closer every morning. She opens it up and spreads some of my toys around for the day. This morning when Grandma looked, that drawer was open just a little bit. I don't think she noticed.



So, I asked Grandma what I should write about because I really can't write about getting into the toy drawer!

Grandma: Well, Uma, a lot is happening. You've been watching the birds outside, and you saw your first deer out back and you got d-
Me: Yep, I saw it and I got down real low to the ground below the window and pretended I was invisible. But I won't write about that because it makes me look scared when I was really being brave. I was growling and saving you.
Grandma: You also have been playing with a tennis ball, which is a new thing. That was funny because it's so big. 
Me: Not as big as that deer! 



Grandma: You could tell everyone how you pushed my piano music under the piano...
Me: No.


Grandma: Then how about the tuna story?
Me: The one where you tried to feed me a bite of tuna for breakfast? Who eats tuna for breakfast?! I didn't want it, then you made tuna salad and added all that stuff so I couldn't try it for lunch. Not a good story.
Grandma: I see your point.

So Grandma wasn't much help. Then she had someone over and I hid in a new place between the wrapping paper and an old pillow on the floor up in Grandma's closet. It's a tiny spot. I can't write about that or everyone will know about my new hiding place.


But that's where I did my thinking. I decided to write about Mom and Dad. They got to Ketchikan last night and they slept in this morning. I can't wait to hear all the details. Mom said that when she has time she will update their blog and tell it all! Then Grandma will read it to me. You can read it soon too. It's linked on the right side over there ---> somewhere. I came back to say the latest entry is up!! Grandma is going to read it to me tonight!

They have sailed a long, long way from Seattle to Alaska, and they are having huge adventures. In the meantime, here is their boat. It's the smaller one pointing in our direction with the sails rolled up. Not the fishing boat in front and not the big one in the back. It's the one that's just the right size! I'm so proud of Mom and Dad. They are really great sailors and know everything to do. And they know all the sailing words. Grandma has to look them up online when she reads their blog to me. But I won't tell anyone.



Comments