Half Way Point

Grandma and I were looking at the calendar yesterday and I pointed out to her that we are at our half-way point. I bet my mom and dad are thinking about that too. It's been a week since we have heard from Mom and Dad. Every once in a while Grandma dials Mom's cell phone so I can hear her voice on her message. We both hope that Mom will answer, but we know they are out of range still. Soon they will get to a place where they can get Internet or phone. I want to hear all about the last week and the fjords and glaciers.

So we sat on the stairs and talked about some of our adventures we've had so far. Grandma says we have lots more coming in the next two months! There is so much more to explore here. Like, I just discovered I can push things under doors and then Grandma goes to find them. But that's a different story I'll tell later.

In the meantime, yesterday Grandma and Kellan went to Companion Cove and got a pooper scooper. The nice lady there helped her pick out just the right one, she said.  Then we had another adventure! I had to write a poem about it.

Grandma bought a pooper scoop
She got it for the deer
And what they're 'sposed to do with it
Well... that wasn't very clear

She took the tags and wrapping off
And then she went outside
I laughed so hard at what came next
While watching from inside

She ran this way and back again
Side-stepping here and there
From my window I could see
Deer poop was everywhere

She scooped real fast and got it all
hurrying lickity split
With her new pooper scoop
Grandma got every bit of... deer poop



I watched from the window!

Grandma said she's really glad that I use a kitty litter box!


Comments