Juneau! (and stuff about me)

Mom just called Grandma! They are really close to Juneau, Alaska, and should get there later today. She looked at her phone and it had bars so she called. She told Grandma that they saw glaciers, fjords, icebergs, moose tracks and lots of wildlife. And the weather was real good for most of the time. I can't wait to hear more. I'm sure she and Grandma will talk later because they have to talk about me some more too. I hope we can do a video chat. I have to tell her about my new feeder, about my trip outside, how I love doors now... Well, I don't have to wait, do I? I can start!

Grandma got a new feeder for me because cousin Mary has one and she said that it can be programmed forever. We just keep it full and it will feed and feed and feed as many times a day as we want. Grandma only wants twice, otherwise I won't eat my canned food. I want three times. We're negotiating.

Next is that Grandma put my halter and leash on and we slipped outside onto the deck for a whole minute. I was real interested. I sniffed the air and went out and got down on the green rug real low and looked around. I was happy out there but we decided that was long enough just in case Tully decided to come around the corner (cuz it was getting time for that). I belly-walked back in super low, down by the ground, almost under it, sliding slowly. But I did it! We're going to try again at a different time of day and stay out longer. Grandma Ellen suggested it last month, but Grandma Nancy was scared to try it. We did it, Grandma Ellen!

Next is that I love doors. You know that door in Grandma's office that stays closed and inside are wires and black boxes on a shelf and they turn on and off something called Wifi and a modem? Grandma won't let me in there so I had to get in and I did. Twice. Now there's a can of air spray outside that door. Ooof!

The other door I like is the door to the closet under the stairs. The one where the vacuums live. Some of my toys fit under that door, Mom and Dad. We need a door on the boat. Just that. That's all I need. I love doors! Grandma couldn't find some of my toys before bed the other night. She looked and looked and finally gave up. The next day she saw me pushing stuff under that door. She opened it and found a pen, two flat toy mice, a small pink wand attachment, and three cat food nuggets that I chased all the way under the door. I love chasing and terrorizing my toys and food now and pushing them under stuff and daring them to come out. I watch, and if they try, I push them back under! I told Grandma I want a real mouse now. My hunting skills are ready! She said "NO!"
We're negotiating.







Comments