Mom+Dad+Bear

Last night Grandma and I were going through the house trying to find all my toys that are scattered here and there. We think my new fur pong is under the couch. We got down there and looked and saw something yellow. Grandma says we need a big, strong someone with a better back than hers to help lift up the couch. I'm pretty sure there are some cork balls and maybe a pencil or two under there with the fur pong.

This is me trying to reach under the couch. 
I don't have one of Grandma doing the same because she takes the pictures. 

So we were down on the floor looking hard and we heard her phone bling. It was MOM!

Mom wrote, "Testing: are you getting this? If so, when?"

We didn't know when she had tried to send it. We wrote back that it was 9:08 on Saturday night. Then we heard bling again and Mom said, "I sent it earlier in the day. Maybe we sailed through a hot spot? Woah, did that go through?"

After that, Grandma and Mom wrote back and forth saying nothing. Grandma said that they seemed like two people with their first telephones in the 1950s. "Are you there?" "Yes!" "Wow, I can hear you." "I know, I can hear you too." "You sound so close." Like that. I was waiting patiently for some news. But all I could see on the phone was:

I'm here, are you?
Yes, I'm here. 
Wow.
Hi.
Hi.

I finally nudged Grandma to get on with it so she asked Mom where they were and what was new. Mom said that they had been "to Bailey Bay (hike+hot spring+bear) yesterday and now anchored at Helm Bay." Then she asked Grandma for a recipe. A recipe! Mom said "bear" and then asked for a recipe!

Thank goodness Mom didn't disappear yet because we had to know about the bear. She told us that it was a grown up black bear and that it scurried away when it saw them hiking on a trail from the hot springs. Just to be safe, Dad told Mom to walk behind him. She held the bear spray and Dad blew the air horn a lot. They both talked REAL LOUD the whole way. My dad is an Eagle Scout and knows how to talk to bears. I bet he told the bear about me. Grandma Ellen said she named Dad after Davy Crockett. So they were safe! Mom's going to write more about it on their blog, I'm sure. I can't wait. But I hope they don't see any more bears. One's enough. If they wanted, they could bring me back a toy bear. Just saying. It would be too big to fit under the piano or the couch.

So Mom and Dad, if you read this, it's been raining a lot here. Tully came by twice last night. We have tomatoes growing outside my window! And Grandma says: 4 parts coconut milk to one part chia seeds, then add vanilla and overnight it in the fridge. Then add cinnamon and fruit on top in the morning. Unless you want maple syrup over the whole thing. YUM. 

Send the bear to lift up the couch!

Update: Grandma and I couldn't wait for a bear. Grandma opened up the recliner part of the couch and we both crawled in/under. All I can say is that there was some dust, cat hair, a yard stick, lots of darkness, two hands, four paws, sneezing, three felt balls, a fur pong, a cork ball and some bumped heads going on. It wasn't pretty but we did it!

Then we went to the back windows and I saw a deer again. This time I wasn't scared at all. In fact, I think we made friends. You'd be proud, Mom and Dad. I might be an Eagle Scout too.
Love, Uma.


Comments