Imaginary Friend, Foil and a Vortex

Hi, Mom and Dad. Today I have so many things to write about. Get Internet access soon so you can read all my stories. I heard that you were leaving Petersburg and going to see glaciers. I hope they are still there! Grandma read about one of them where you are going that is melting fast!

Today started out way different. Grandma woke up and didn't find me on her bed. She said she got worried so hurried downstairs and found me sleeping in the green chair. She woke ME up! We're having a heat wave, Grandma said, so she thinks that is why I slept downstairs where it is cooler. But the real reason is that if I sleep there I can see the back deck and watch if Tully comes by during the night. He's making rounds late into the night and sleeping all day lately.

Anyway, I let Grandma know she forgot to put my toys out this morning. She took care of that, then went outside to water everything before it got real hot. I watched from the window for a while. I saw two lady bugs, a red butterfly, lots of birds, a few bees and flies, and Grandma trying to walk through deer poop. She said that there was a lot and she may have to buy a pooper scooper. But she wasn't mad because she likes deer. Except when they ate her raspberries yesterday.


This is me, watching through the window. 

Grandma has an imaginary friend named Alexa. I'm looking for her but I can't find her. Grandma asked her to play Scott Joplin music and I liked that until Alexa played the song Grandma plays on the piano. Then I ran to the piano and looked and Alexa wasn't there. Neither was Grandma. I was so confused that Grandma made Alexa go home for the rest of the day.

Guess what?! It turns out I do like tin foil! This is a short film because Grandma hurried fast to get all the foil and throw it away. She didn't even take time to say a bad word. That was the shortest fun time I ever had.


The other thing that's going on is that I am bored with the stairs for a while. I told Grandma I need a new venue, so we're looking for one. Since it can't be behind the fridge, and it can't be anywhere on the kitchen counter top, it might be right in front of the piano. There is more gravity there, and something called a vortex, Grandma said. She was able to get my mouse out from under the piano 6 times in one hour!! I told her she did good. We're going for eight tomorrow.

Love,
Uma

Comments