Power Outage and a Delivery

We had a storm the other night and the house rumbled and shook and there was lots of extra light outside! I stayed right by Grandma and took care of her in case she got scared.

In the morning when we got up we had what Grandma called a "power outage." That's when everything stops working. So we waited to see what would happen next. It gave grandma some thinking time because she decided that since I was eating all my canned food, I could have dry food three times a day. The feeder is set for 4 in the morning now because when Grandma set it for 5, I had to go get her at 4:15. The next one is at 1 (lunch) and the next one is at 7 at night because it's empty and I don't like it when it's empty until 4 in the morning. I meow at Grandma a lot and I make that meow that sounds like "OH NOOOOOOOO!!"

I didn't win the mouse negotiation. But Grandma ordered those mouse toys that you can put treats in and hide them. Grandma is assuring me that they are coming today before 8:00. We keep looking at the clock and out the front window. The delivery man has an hour and a half to go.

In the meantime, I'll tell you about the deer. We've seen more of them lately and I'm starting to get used to them. One of them ate all the food out of Grandma's small bird feeder out front. So far, it hasn't found the big feeder that I watch from the window. We put the videos here. You can see that mama deer went to the feeder at the end. Then she emptied it out. Grandma's going to move it. 





And we have baby deer now too!

We're still waiting for the delivery. Grandma's sitting in my chair reading. I can't get her up to go to the door and check. I think she's having a power outage. We'll be back when the box comes!

The box came and we opened it up together. Grandma and I are still figuring it out, but I'll say one thing. Or two. These are not going to fit under the piano and they don't take the place of a real mouse. I hope Grandma has a lot of fun playing with these. Ooof.


Comments