Upside uʍop


This is me. And that's my big food bin that I talk about. See me standing by it? I have Grandma trained to follow me there whenever I think it's time for a snack or to play "hide the treat." I like doing lots of things - playing, hunting, looking out windows, eating, hiding stuff under the piano, napping, meowing at Grandma, jumping up and swatting Grandma when I want her attention, getting brushed... and lots more stuff too. Another thing I like to do is look at Grandma ǝpısdn uʍop. 

Sometimes in the morning when I'm getting Grandma up out of bed, I stare at her ǝpısdn uʍop until she can't ignore it anymore. It's so! Much! FUN! Lots of times I get in front of her then look backward and watch her while I walk. I'm my own rear view mirror, Grandma says. I'm sure all cats do it, but Grandma thinks I'm special. I'm going to go on letting her think that. 


Sometimes Grandma and I talk about how we've turned each other's worlds ǝpısdn uʍop. We didn't know what we were getting into in April when Mom dropped me off here. We looked at each other and shrugged and said, "Well, why not? Let's do this." And we did. Boy did we! Grandma made rules that I broke and now she's okay with some of them being all broken into bits. Like I have my very own drinking fountain in the kitchen that she doesn't even use anymore because, well, I use it all the time. 



And I stopped trying to get behind the refrigerator, finally. So that rule stuck. Grandma lives with all that stuff blocking it off: A cutting board, 5 gallon water container, Vita-Mix, duct tape, a can of air spray, and it makes her laugh to look at it every day. 

We've trained each other to do some stuff too. Grandma gets up earlier but I let her sleep all night. Well, at least until 6:00 usually. She's trained me to wait for my automatic feeder, but I've got her giving me treats pretty much anytime I want them. She stops and plays with me even when she's busy at her computer or doing dishes. I do funny things and make her laugh. She has never vacuumed up cat hair like this before, but in return I listen to her play the same songs over and over again on the piano and even sit by her and watch. over and over, and over and over. 

Mom and Dad are coming home in just two or three weeks. I'm starting to watch the sailboats in the inlet and I ask Grandma if that's them. I really miss Mom and Dad. I'm going to miss Grandma and she said she is really going to miss me. She said I'll come back and visit a lot. She also said that when I go back to live on the boat with Mom and Dad I'm gonna turn their lives ǝpısdn uʍop too! It's going to be fun! Hurry home, Mom and Dad. 

Love,
Uma

Comments