Things I learned at Camp Grandma

Me: Grandma, it's been a while since you typed anything for me here.
Grandma: I'm sorry, Uma. I've been busy working on a family reunion coming up.
Me: Am I going? I want to go! I like family reunions! Can I go? Please let me go.
Grandma: Well, you are going to have your own family reunion in just a few days! Mom and Dad are almost home!
Me: I'm so excited. (rolling over and purring) What day?
Grandma: Probably Thursday when you see Mom. So four days.
Me: Four long days.
Grandma: We will fill them with fun things. Don't worry. It's hard to believe four months have gone by. 

That was a conversation I had with Grandma this morning. We had another spa morning and she brushed me and was able to cut two of my claws a tiny bit before I said, "no more." While we were "spa-ing" we talked about my visit here. It's hard to sum it up, Grandma said. I agreed, and we shared some memories...

Things I learned at Camp Grandma
  • Grandma has a better day if I let her sleep in a little, at least until 6:30. 
  • Food IS coming eventually from my feeder. 
  • Wood floors feel nice and cool in summertime.
  • Deer are cute and fun to watch (through a window!)
  • I'm rough on some of my toys. Mom, can you get more fur pongs?
  • I like Stella and Chewy's Chicken Nuggets the best.
  • Grandma shouldn't have company. This is MY second home.
  • I like tin foil, eating paper, putting food down the heater vent, sitting in sinks, letting Grandma know she's been at her computer too long, looking out at spiders and moths in the outside light at night and I still sit on my toys when I catch them, Mom and Dad. 
  • I found out that my head fits inside a tissue box and that I need Grandma's help to get it out.
  • When Grandma brings the mail in, I like helping her open it and see what's inside. I get right in there in front of her face and poke my nose in the envelope. I have to see! Same with when she buys something and brings it home.
  • I can catch a fly, a spider and a ball of dust.
  • I don't like plain yogurt very much. It got on my nose when I sniffed it.
  • Grandma is still making the same mistake in the same spot in her Alley Cat piano piece. I know when it's coming. We both roll our eyes.
  • It is better not to let Grandma see me walk across the kitchen counters or chew on computer cords. 
  • I'm fine when Grandma leaves me all alone to go do errands. We play more at night. I'll be fine when Mom and Dad go to work. 
  • Grandma thinks my little nail casings and whiskers that come off and fall here and there are adorable. She makes that Grandma face and says "ohhhhhh" when she finds them. 
  • There is rice inside my fur pongs. That's what makes it make noise. 
  • No matter what, Grandma vacuums downstairs almost every day because of cat hair and rice. She's way too tidy. Save me. 
  • We cleaned under the piano and behind the couch again this weekend, and found lots of toys, food and hair. 
  • Grandma thinks I yawn real cute. She thinks everything I do is cute.
  • Grandma spoiled me just a little tiny itty bitty bit.  
  • We found out that Grandma is NOT allergic to me and we were both so happy that we did a happy dance. But she got some Flonase just the same, and I helped her open up the package. 
  • Grandma let me get away with a lot. She loved me up every day and kept me alive for four months. I loved her back. She said I could come back anytime. 
  • I will add more here as I think of them. 














Comments