Goodbyes

I'm back with Mom and Dad on the boat now! I'll post photos later when I get them sent to Grandma. I'm really happy at the boat; I can hear the seagulls again and listen to the marina sounds. I hid for a tiny little while in one of the cubbies but I let Dad pet me and tell me everything was okay.


Then I got down to business finding all my old favorite spots and places to hang out. I love it here again.


It was a big moment for me and there was a lot leading up to it.

Mom came to Grandma's house and I wasn't sure it was her at first so when the door opened I ran. But I heard her voice and she offered me treats and after a while I realized it was for sure her, and I came out from under the green chair. We hugged and I slept on her bed that night. It was the best! We stayed at Grandma's house for a few more days, with both Grandma and Mom doting all over me. Kellan came over to say "goodbye." We went for a walk outside, all three of us, me with my harness and leash. It was all good until we went to the vet...

I found out I have stress colitis which explains a lot to Mom. It means I get upset in the car and need my litter box which isn't there. Mom loves me anyway.  I also drool a lot and howl in the car. I'm fun on trips. The doctor told us I put on a little weight at Grandma's house, which I guess everyone does at Grandmas' houses, right? I'm in good health and everyone at the vet loved me up to pieces. Then we got back in the car. Mom put on some Scott Joplin music and I almost fell asleep. We might be on to something that calms me. She thought of it because Grandma plays that on the piano and I always lie down at her feet when she plays. We got home without "incident!"

When it was time to leave, Grandma and I sat and talked. Mom was packing the car and Grandma and I remembered lots of good things together.  She told me she'll let me leave this blog open for when I come to visit. And in the meantime, maybe share it with Kellan's bunnies if they come over. And maybe Mom will help me tell everyone how I'm doing up in Seattle now and then. :) So come back and check.

Grandma: You know, Uma, when you came to visit I knew I would be at home, not traveling, and would have time to pull a few things out of my bucket list. Because of you, I planted a garden this summer. I started writing again. I relearned piano music from when I was in grade school. You did all that for me! I loved having you here, and you can come back any time. I will come to visit you soon too. I'll miss you.

Me: Thanks, Grandma. Thanks for keeping me alive while Mom and Dad went to Alaska. I saw deer, eagles, raccoons, birds, and lots of bugs and spiders on big windows. And I met Tully. I had stairs to play on and big spaces to run for a while. And I learned to sleep in a little. It was a fun vacation. I'll miss you too.

Then it was time to leave. It wasn't easy but we said "goodbye." Then they put me in the carrier and into the car and off I went to Seattle.

Grandma and Me: Ooof.









Love, Uma.

Comments

  1. Hi Uma! Batman and I LOVED reading your blog! You inspired us to write our blog. We can't wait until you visit again!!!

    Rusty and Batman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment