Grandma vs Uma

The best place in the whole house is behind the refrigerator. It fits too tightly in its spot to pull out, so it's really dusty, dirty, and full of lint, spider webs and all sorts of fun stuff back there. Treasures to explore! And it's warm, and the hum of the refrigerator is nice! It's what humans call "the cat's meow." I can just fit through the opening between the kitchen counter and the fridge. I go there when Grandma isn't looking and she doesn't like it because she's afraid I'll get stuck or eat something that rolled back there years ago, like a vitamin or a icky piece of old dried up food. I leave really cool artwork all over her counter when I come out from there but she's not pleased.

She has tried all sorts of ways to block it off, but I've figured out how to move everything and still get there. She doesn't know how strong I am! Last night she thought she had it secure but this morning she saw my handiwork. I pulled the Vitamix away from the trays that blocked the opening, and made a place to get through. Uh oh... I think I hear duct tape.


I had a busy day today. I chased a fly, pushed a cork ball along the floor, watched a bird outside, gave myself a bath, took four naps, helped Grandma with the kitchen sink faucet cuz she needed helping with that water, guarded the house from Tully, and now I'm tired... But before I sleep, I just want to say, "Happy Birthday, Mom!"


Comments

Post a Comment