Safety Locks and Mama's Socks




Grandma bought safety locks for her lower cupboards so now I won't be able to get under the sink or into the kitchen and bathroom cabinets (except for the one we made a deal about in the bathroom upstairs). She told me that they were for in case there was an earthquake and then stuff wouldn't come tumbling out and break and spill everywhere. But I know that it's so I don't get into the trash or cleaning supplies mostly. I can see that they are just stick-on, so don't worry... I'll figure it out.


And there's a box on the shelf in the laundry room that has all kinds of stuff in it. I keep going there and sniffing. I poked my nose in and pushed some stuff around in it. Grandma took my extra toys out and showed me it was just cans of cat food but I could smell something else. Finally we pulled the box down on the floor and took everything out so I could investigate. And there it was. A baggie with my mom's socks. We opened it up and I liked smelling it so she put them in my bed by the window.  (Hi, Mom!) Grandma was going to save them for later during my visit, but that didn't work out. She said she is going to have to stay one step ahead of me, but that made no sense at all. I am faster than her.


Comments