Mewsings

This is day 4 since Mom left if you don't count Friday. Things are going super and I'm getting Grandma all trained and teaching her the rules. I can tell that she's not going to give in on a few things. Like she doesn't want me drinking out of the toilet. Ever. The lid is always down now. I still check though, just in case. She better fill up my water dishes often if she's going to play like that.

She has never let cats up on her kitchen counter before but I can tell that this is going to be a flexible rule. I explained to her that while she sleeps or is gone, I'm up there investigating, looking out the window, licking the faucet, sitting. In the morning, she scours everything down and looks at me a little cross-eyed. I think it will get better with time. After all, I'm keeping spiders out of the kitchen for her. Come-on!

I can't get behind the refrigerator anymore. That five gallon jug blocks the way and I can't move it. I tried. and tried. Grandma tried to get a picture of me trying but really... how humiliating. I jumped down first.




And by the way, Grandmas DO have eyes on the back of their heads, just in case you were wondering. She sees everything! Like the butter dish with real butter in it. I almost... well, that's a story for another day.

I'm still sleeping on the bed where Mom and Dad sleep when they come to visit. It helps me feel close to them, and it is nice and cool in there because the afternoon sun doesn't reach it. I may end up sleeping on Grandma's bed eventually but for now, this is where I nap the most and where I sleep at night. Besides, Grandma said I look real cute when I stretch out there.


Tomorrow I'm making Grandma a shopping list. We need more cork balls to chase through the house and for the love of Pete, we could use a new peacock feather. I can't chase a half a one.

Comments