Favorite Time of Day

 

Grandma said I should talk about my favorite time of day. That's a hard one. Every time of day is my favorite. I really like first thing in the morning when we get up and go downstairs and I know exactly what to expect because Grandma doesn't change it up very often except if she has to go somewhere early or if someone is coming over early. Then I go hide behind the washing machine until I can figure out if everything is safe. 

But mostly, it's all the same and I like routine a lot especially if it is about food, like first thing in the morning. In the afternoon I usually nap and if I'm really lucky, Grandma lets me start my nap on her lap. A lap nap! So that's another favorite time of my day. 

Then in the evening we sit in the big green chair for a while. We've been watching for the raccoons to come visit on the deck, outside the glass doors. I'm writing a poem about that, but it isn't ready yet. Neither are the raccoons! 

So the evenings are great but then the late evenings are perfect because I jump on Grandma's bed and usually get a story or an update about Mom and Dad and their sailing trip to beautiful places (See their blog). Last night Grandma took a video of me and sent it to Mom and Dad. (If you turn it way up you can hear me purr. I was so happy!)


So they went on and on talking about it and I didn't know what they saw. I asked Grandma if I could watch too, so she showed me... You can see that I didn't understand why it stopped. So we watched it 47 more times before we fell asleep. 


And that was my favorite time!
Love, Uma

Comments