MORE CATVENTURES!

 


I'm baaaaaaaak! 

If you are new to my blog, find that little drop down menu on the upper left (Grandma calls it a hamburger) or the HOME link if you got lost, and read from the beginning because this all started in 2018 and there is so much fun stuff you will have missed. I have a lot to write about after such a long time. I’m working on it now with Grandma’s help. She types this all in, and I have to pin her down because she also spends time doing things that have absolutely nothing to do with me. Like right now she’s out picking plums off the tree. 

Oooof!

I have been here on and off for about a year in human time. Mom and Dad went sailing last summer for a few weeks and they said I could go to Grandma’s house instead of being on the bouncy, rolling, sideways-leaning, sea-sick boat. Grandma and I were so excited. I got here and one of the first things I noticed was that Grandma got a new fridge. I HAD to check out behind it, so that’s where I ran as fast as I could. Somebody had put that fridge closer to the wall and I got stuck behind it. Really stuck. My super strong mom and dad moved the fridge forward SO fast and got me out. 

 

So the two 5 gallon jugs of water and serving tray and duct tape went back up against that corner. Grandma made some "tsk, tsk" sounds, meaning that she wasn’t pleased losing counter space again. (See the Grandma vs Uma and the Musings entries from the first part of this blog.) But it keeps me safe and that’s more important to her. A few weeks ago Grandma changed out the water jugs for the heaviest kettle bell in the house. She thinks it looks better. (roll eyes)


   
That's me, laughing at the kettle bell.

 

Anyway, then I went home for a month or two and then came back because guess what? Mom and Dad decided to move here and get the boat ready for a couple big sailing trips. But first they brought me back to keep Grandma company during the big pandemic-quarantine-lock-down thing and so they could pack up and sell our home. Grandma had someone to talk to and hug and clean up after instead of being totally alone, I got more adventures, and Mom and Dad got things done. Now we all live with Grandma at her house and I hardly have to go in the car. ever. 

 

There is still so much to do here and I will tell you all about it soon. But first, I have to share that Tully doesn’t come visit anymore. Grandma explained the sad news to me and I got quiet (and also got some hugs). Then she told me that the squirrels and birds would be visiting so we decided that talking about Tully would help now and then. She put up bird feeders outside my windows and we waited. Now I have the best Cat TV ever. Sometimes I pretend Tully comes to visit. That’s okay, right? 




 

The last thing to tell you before I go find Grandma to type this up is that Mom and Dad are now on their sailing trip. They left a few days ago after working and working and working on their boat to get it ready. They are in Port Townsend today and are getting a required Covid test so that they can go to Canada. They will be sailing around Vancouver Island and keeping in touch with me. Grandma’s gonna read me their blog and show me their exciting pictures. (See Mom and Dad’s Blog in the links.) I’m excited to share everything with you for the next two months. Come back soon!


Love,

Uma

Comments