And Then We Were Four

A lot has happened since my last blog entry. Grandma forgot to type my stories even though I meowed them to her over and over. 

(Are you done yet? We need to write my blog!)

She was busy pulling out the rest of the garden stuff and doing the very last canning for the winter. And then the rains came which reminded her she didn’t clean out the gutters and storm drains and you don’t want to know about the flood. Next came Grandma’s booster shot, which meant that I could just sit on Grandma’s lap in the green chair the entire day, which was pretty cool and I didn’t bother her with my blog. This next picture is me, keeping an eye on Grandma.

So time went by, and we’re working on this today.  

Since I wrote last, Mom and Dad came home! It was the best day ever. We started getting ready in the morning. I got all cleaned up and so did my toys, brush, cat trees, dishes, and litter box (from scratch!). It was nighttime when they drove down the driveway and I was watching from the window. I knew it was them and I didn’t run and hide. Mom spent the entire evening with me while Dad unloaded the car. (Love you, Dad) Then, because my grandma is the best, I slept the whole night on her bed so she wouldn’t feel lonely the first night. Now I mostly sleep on Dad’s side of Mom and Dad’s bed.

 

This week they took my cat carrier out and put it in the laundry room. I didn’t like that at all. I knew it meant I was going in the car and I don’t want to leave this place. But mostly, I do NOT like cars/boats and moving vehicles. Were we going to Seattle? Back to the boat? To a new place? To the vet? I hid the next morning and Dad had to move the bed to get to me. I peed on mom and drooled and cried in the car. Away we went and you guess it…. To the vet. Mom didn’t like leaving me there all day just to get my teeth cleaned. Grandma said that she’s going to leave Mom there next time too. Just saying. Coming back, I was drowsy and I got to ride on Mom’s cozy lap instead, and that was really nice. I wasn’t scared and didn’t cry. I think I even said, “Peace out” or something like that. 

 

Now that Mom and Dad are not going on any big, long trips for months, Grandma said that it’s okay for them to take me outside on the deck with my leash on. I like going outside and I stand by the door and cry to go out, and Grandma doesn’t want to deal with all that, so Mom and Dad are the gatekeepers, leash-people and who I’m supposed to go to. Not Grandma. We made a deal and I hope I don’t forget. Sometimes it’s hard to be a cat… all those rules. Like me finding my treats before Grandma put them away....


I love having all my people around me. So many laps, so many beds, so many treats and games to play. There are four of us and that's a good number. Especially when we all play board games and I sprawl out on top of the board. 

 

If you have time, go read my mom and dad’s blog. Grandma read it to me several times and showed me the pictures. Sailing in Canada is so pretty and much better than going to the vet to get your teeth cleaned. My next entry will probably have pictures of me outside with my leash! Or playing board games with my humans. Hurry back. 


Love,

Uma


P.S.....  Look at me!









Comments

  1. Uma, aren't you the luckiest! What a doting grandma you have! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment