Taking Care of Grandma

Grandma's a little sick today
She doesn't feel so hot
An earache and the sneezes
Is what my Grandma's got

She says it's not too bad at all
It's barely got her down
We're hanging close together
And I'm following her around

She decided she would gargle
So I watched right by her throat
I made her laugh and sneeze so hard
(that the salt water came out her nose 
and she had to start over again and 
I watched from further away this time)
She can't believe what I just wrote

Next she warmed some chicken broth
And boy did that smell good
So when she wasn't looking close
(I stuck my paw and nose in it 
and Grandma said she didn't want 
cat nose and paws in her chicken broth  
and she started all over again
and I didn't taste it this time)
I tasted it cuz I could!

Then she got her slippers and
Some tissues in a box
And headed for our big green chair
(except that I criss-crossed in front of her
and she dropped the tissues and the 
box scared me so I ran 
but she held onto the broth real good
and we didn't crash so I walked
a little further away this time)
Cuz cuddling with Grandma rocks!

I found a spot right on her lap
And made us comfy there
I kept the two of us all snug
(especially when I'm thinking 
about my toys and Mom and Dad
and food and finding treats around
the house while Grandma's scratching
behind my ears and under my chin) 
In our green recliner chair.

We stayed there for a long, long time
Cat-napping in the sun
The two of us all curled up
Caregiving can be fun!

I just woke up and Grandma has gotten up to do something somewhere. Was that real or a dream? Wait... I hear it. A sneeze. Here, Grandma, I kept your spot warm for you.
Back to taking care of Grandma.



Uma

P.S. It's tomorrow and guess what, Uma? I am feeling better. I'm SURE it's because you took such good care of me. Love, Grandma.

Comments